KSEB Raises the Power Tariff
Published under: General Kerala News
30 April 2013
Power tariff for all categories of consumers in Kerala would go up from Wednesday with an average increase of about 12 per cent for domestic users.As per the revised charges fixed by State Electricity Regulatory Commission, which would be in force from tomorrow till March 31, 2014, the average increase for industrial consumers would be seven per cent.
However, domestic consumers using up to 40 units per month have been exempted from the current revision and they would continue to pay the existing rate of Rs.1.50 per unit, a commission release said in Thiruvananthapuram today.About 25 lakh families would be benefited by this decision.
Consumers who come under the slab of 41-80 units would have to pay Rs. 2.20 per unit, those under 61-120 Rs. three, 121-150 slab Rs. 3.80, those under 151-200 have to pay Rs. 5.30 and those using 200-300 units Rs.6.50 per unit.
The Commission, after examining accounts and recommendations submitted by Kerala State Electric Board in support of its plea for tariff hike, took into account the Board’s revenue deficit as Rs.1050 crore, while a total expenditure of Rs. 9,546 crores and an income of Rs.8,496 crores.
Source – http://www.ndtv.com/article/south/power-tariff-in-kerala-to-go-up-from-wednesday-361091
- 2.5 million extra voters to vote for upcoming LS Poll
- 15000 SPO to be recruited for LS Polls
- Police to Investigate Indian Mujahideen Links with Kerala
- Gujarat and Kerala Muslims have prospered most in Country
- Akshaya Lottery No. AK-129th Draw
- Eloor Water Supply Scheme Should be continued says High Court
- Kerala Tops in NRI Enrollment for LS Election