KSEB Raises the Power Tariff
Published under: General Kerala News
30 April 2013
Power tariff for all categories of consumers in Kerala would go up from Wednesday with an average increase of about 12 per cent for domestic users.As per the revised charges fixed by State Electricity Regulatory Commission, which would be in force from tomorrow till March 31, 2014, the average increase for industrial consumers would be seven per cent.
However, domestic consumers using up to 40 units per month have been exempted from the current revision and they would continue to pay the existing rate of Rs.1.50 per unit, a commission release said in Thiruvananthapuram today.About 25 lakh families would be benefited by this decision.
Consumers who come under the slab of 41-80 units would have to pay Rs. 2.20 per unit, those under 61-120 Rs. three, 121-150 slab Rs. 3.80, those under 151-200 have to pay Rs. 5.30 and those using 200-300 units Rs.6.50 per unit.
The Commission, after examining accounts and recommendations submitted by Kerala State Electric Board in support of its plea for tariff hike, took into account the Board’s revenue deficit as Rs.1050 crore, while a total expenditure of Rs. 9,546 crores and an income of Rs.8,496 crores.
Source – http://www.ndtv.com/article/south/power-tariff-in-kerala-to-go-up-from-wednesday-361091
- M T Vasudevan Nair to be Awarded Kerala Ratna Award
- Indefinite Strike By Kerala Doctors Comes to End
- 58 Member First Group Successfully Evacuated From Libya
- Niraputhari Festival celebrated at Sabarimala Temple
- Kerala Supplyco to go For Indefinite Strike From Aug 20
- Rehabilitation Plans Kerala Govt for Nurses from Iraq
- Kerala Medical Officer May Intensify the Strike