Wild Elephant Attacks ; Killed One
Published under: Idukki District News
20 October 2013
A wild elephant gorged one person to death at Palakkada near Periyakanal in Adimaly village on Sunday morning. The Santhanpara police said that the victim, M. Karuppusami along with his wife was in the area to work in a one-acre cardamom land owned by him when the elephant attacked him. He was walking in front of a group of people and due to fog, the presence of the wild elephant could not be noticed, they said adding that others accompanying him ran away.
The incident occurred around 8 am, they said adding that Karuppusami also worked at the Kanan Devan Hills Plantations Ltd. at Periyakanal. The body has been taken to the taluk hospital Nedumkandam for an autopsy.
This is the second incident of death due to a wild elephant attack in the district. Last Wednesday, a man at Sinkukandam was killed when the mud wall of his house collapsed in a wild elephant attack while he was asleep in the house.
Source – http://www.thehindu.com
- Snake Bite Healers Still Present in Kerala
- Now Rice packet Project to take off in Kerala
- Idukki Dam Readied by KSEB for another monsoon
- Idukki Dam Full , Villagers around are in panic
- Idukki Dam Due Full Capacity to be Opened Tomorrow
- Idukki Dam Level Rise Affects Tourism in the District
- Water level rising in Idukki Dam , On verge to be opened