Food Poisoning at educational institution at Thalassery

Published on: 08 Nov, 2013
Published under: Kannur District News

7 November 2013
Kannur

Over 100 students of an educational institution at Thalassery and some staff members were taken to hospital on Wednesday after they complained of symptoms of food poisoning. The students of the Nettur Technical Training Foundation Institute were brought to the government hospital at Thalassery on Wednesday morning after they complained of bowel uneasiness.

The illness was apparently caused by food poisoning. All those who took ill and were brought to the hospital had eaten biriyani cooked on the institute campus on November 5 in connection with a sports meet of the institute.

When contacted, District Medical Officer K.J. Reena said that none of the food poisoning cases reported at the hospital was serious. She said that only 10 students were admitted at the hospital for observation. Others were treated as out-patients.

NTTF institute authorities said that biriyani had been made on the campus by an outside cook on the occasion of the sports event.

Source– http://www.thehindu.com

Found Useful? Do Share: Food Poisoning at educational institution at Thalassery:

Leave a Reply

Share Kerala News Online

Kerala Direct News

Check out the latest 2015 news from Kerala State of India. Just Kerala is the dedicated online portal to provide latest and genuine Kerala information. Kerala Live and breaking news, Top Headlines, Top stories, Politics, Movies, Sports news.

Last Updated Kerala News : 22 November, 2017