Grand Kerala Shopping Festival Started
16 December 2012
Grand Kerala Shopping Festival Started here on Municipal Jawahar Stadium in Kannur. The shopping festival was formally opened by Union Minister of State for Civil Aviation K.C. Venugopal. The inaugural ceremony was preceded by a programme featuring 101 percussionists led by Mattannur Sankarankutty Marar.
Terming the shopping festival an initiative for strengthening the economy of the State, he said the major beneficiary of the festival was the tourism sector that had an investment potential of Rs.20,000 crore and employed 10 lakh people. The Minister said the shopping festival was also an opportunity to showcase the State’s products, skills and heritage.
In his presidential address, Tourism Minister A.P. Anilkumar said the GKSF was becoming more popular every year thanks to the support of the trading community and the public. After Inauguration it was followed by entertainments shows and Dance.
- Plea against the Closure of Bars in Kerala Dismissed by Kerala High Court
- Kerala HC Not to Interfere in Govt Policy Changes
- Kannur Airport Work Starts, AK Antony Inaugurates the Work
- Kannur Airport Project Given to L&T
- Rs 1000 Crore Project by Kerala Water Authority
- KSEB to Give Power to Village in Karnataka
- Aid Given to Madrassa by Central Misused