CM Continues Mass Contact Program Under tight Security

Published on: 04 Nov, 2013
Published under: General Kerala News, Politics News Kerala

4 November 2013
Pathanamthitta

Amid tight security, Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy’s ongoing state-wide mass contact programme, marred by an attack on him by opposition CPI (M)-led activists on October 27 in Kannur, resumed in the district on Monday.

Mr. Chandy, whose security cover has been upgraded to ‘Z’ category in the aftermath of the stone pelting by LDF, in which he was injured, defended the programme, saying its objective was to extend to the people all their rightful needs without delays of red-tapism.

Nearly 2000 policemen, including armed personnel attached to the Thunderbolt team, set up to deal with Maoist threat, were deployed in and around SSP Ground, venue of the programme.

Inaugurating the programme, Mr. Chandy refuted LDF criticism that the programme was meant only to distribute certain financial aid from the CM’s Relief Fund and said the objective was to extend to the people all their rightful needs without delays of red tapism.

“Due to certain restrictions in law, many things cannot be implemented. The Jana Samparka Paripadi will help bring such matters to the attention of officials and these can be resolved,” he said.

Mr. Chandy pointed out that as many as 45 Government Orders were issued in the first phase of JSP after UDF came to power in May 2011, to make changes in rules as per the petitions and complaints received at the programme.

More than 10,000 petitions have been received so far in the district, the most populous in the state. A large number of people have reached the venue to meet Mr. Chandy.State Ministers P K Kunhalikutty, Aryadan Muhammad, A P Anilkumar, V S Sivakumar and Manjalamkuzhi Ali, elected representatives, officials and others are also present at the spot.

Meanwhile, LDF protest march here as part of their stir demanding Mr. Chandy’s resignation over the solar panel scam issue, was stopped by police. LDF had already announced its decision to boycott the event and take out a black flag protest march.

Source– http://www.thehindu.com

Found Useful? Do Share: CM Continues Mass Contact Program Under tight Security:

Leave a Reply

Share Kerala News Online

Kerala Direct News

Check out the latest 2015 news from Kerala State of India. Just Kerala is the dedicated online portal to provide latest and genuine Kerala information. Kerala Live and breaking news, Top Headlines, Top stories, Politics, Movies, Sports news.

Last Updated Kerala News : 15 June, 2024